Monday, January 23, 2012

Check out this new cookbook!

I was very honored when the people from Lodge Cast Iron, a company whose products I love and use and recommend all the time, asked me to contribute a recipe to their new cookbook!


As you all know, I am a total cookbook junkie, and have dreams of writing one of my own someday, so this was like a little gift!  And which is better, the book is filled with the kinds of recipes I love, warm, comforting home cooking, sourced from all sorts of wonderful people, from culinary professionals to passionate home cooks.  I am very proud to have been a part of it.

You can pre-order your copy by clicking here.  The Lodge Cast Iron Cokbook

They have printed my recipe for caramelized Brussels sprouts, which I have used over the years to make fans of many a staunch sprout hater.  Charming Suitor never much liked the sprouts till I made them for him this way, and Amazing Goddaughter loves them more than any child has ever loved a green vegetable.

But while the cookbook would be worth it for just that recipe alone, there are dozens more I'm excited to try, including a prize-winning chili recipe, pan-roasted sausage and grapes from award winning cookbook author Clifford A. Wright, and CS will heartily approve of the This Ain't No Yankee Cornbread recipe from Tamie Cook, the culinary director of the Good Eats series.

I hope you will check it out!

Yours in Good Taste,
The Polymath

3 comments:

  1. Yum! We have only one cast iron pan, but we love it - it can do amazing things!

    Congrats on getting a recipe published! I would love to write a cookbook myself someday as well.

    If you can write cookbooks as well as you write novels, I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, would love to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is still bothered that I didn't want to buy the 15" Lodge cast iron frying pan we saw on sale at Fleet Farm last summer.

    "It's not even made in China!" he said. "IT'S MADE IN THE US!"

    I agreed that it was great that it was made in the US, but we already have a cast-iron frying pan and a 15" pan won't fit into our upstairs cupboards, so I'd have to keep it in the basement, which is fine for the waffle iron and the bread machine, neither of which we use very often, but we use the cast iron pan a lot.

    Although I would get into great shape carrying that thing up and down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete